Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 22, 2009

I Feel Much Older Than I Am..

Sunday was Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to my shining knight!). It was also my birthday.

On Saturday we had a cookout and invited family and friends to celebrate. Thank goodness we picked the one day in the past TWO WEEKS that it hasn't rained. Because really? Two weeks straight of rain? But that's a whole 'nother post...

Anyways, we had lots of fun visiting with each other and that mystical ball of light called the Sun. It was the first cookout we've held at our house and I must say, it was a success. I got some great presents, too:

New sneakers for running and exercising; a teapot for brewing my lovely tea; the book Spiritual Midwifery; the movie The Business of Being Born; and incense stick thingies. And, my mom got me my absolute favorite flowers, sunflowers!I love it when my family takes the time to get things off my wish list. A guaranteed hit for me. Plus, I also got lots of cash. I love cash for presents....so many possibilities.

I didn't know how nice the sneakers were until I wore them while doing my paper route this morning instead of my cheap payless sneakers. OMGoodness, what a difference; it was the first time ever that my legs were not screaming at me by the time I finished the route.

Which was a really, really good thing, because my jeep broke down on me. In the middle of my route. I know I like to strive for balance in my life, but having a crappy day after a wonderful day is not the type of balance I had in mind. But, my wonderful mother has AAA, so we got it towed and the Knight took the day off, which is always fabulous.

Plus, my feet look really cool in my new shoes.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: