Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 29, 2009

Loaded Up With Curriculum

On Saturday, a local homeschooling co-op held their annual used curriculum sale. Those who volunteered for at least three hours to help set up were allowed to shop an hour earlier than everyone else. Since I heard how long the lines get at the sale and how fast the good curriculum goes, I eagerly volunteered on Thursday in order to get in early.

The reason why I wanted to hit this sale was because I had heard that they devote an entire room to free curriculum, which sounds perfect for us and our tight budget! And let me tell you, "room" was an understatement; it was more like an entire floor of free things that you could just take! I ended up having to make five trips just to get all the books into the van, and then I let the girls come in to pick out some books that they wanted to read.

We were exhausted when we finally got home, so the Knight unloaded the van into the living room, where the books sat for a few hours until I labeled and sorted and boxed them up to be used later.

To get an idea of how much free curriculum we got, here are some pics of some of the books (there were more on the floor under the window):



I will definitely volunteer again next year, it was so worth it!
What tips do you have for homeschooling on a tight budget?

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The library! We are addicted to the library. There is so much there, and with interlibrary loans, we can access pretty much everything. In a few years, I'm looking forward to using the Gutenberg Project's website as well.