Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 08, 2009

Weekly Deals

This week they didn't have too many ECB deals at CVS, but I still got some great deals. The sales I focused on were: Kellogg's Special K Cereal, BIGIF; Always pads, 2/$6 get $2 ECB's back; Gillette Fusion Razor on sale $7.99 get $4 in ECB's back; and purchase two Banana Boat products get $7 in ECB's.

Transaction:
Bought 4 boxes of Special K
Bought 2 Always pads
Bought 1 Gillette Fusion razor
Bought 2 Banana Boat sunscreen products
Bought 1 bag of cotton balls.

Used $5 off of $25 coupon that printed out for me at the machine
Used $1 off 2 Always Pads from this weekend's coupon insert
Used 3 $1 off 1 box of Kellogg's Special K cereal (would have used four if I had four inserts)
Used 1 $4 off 1 Gillette Fusion razor from this weekend's coupon insert
Used 2 $2 off 1 Banana Boat product
Used $23 in ECB's from two weeks ago.

Total value before discounts and coupons: $60.70
Total paid OOP: $4.97
Total Saved: $55.73 with $13 in ECB's to use next week!

Now on to this week's grocery deals:

This week I hit up Price Chopper and Big Y.
Price Chopper:
Bumblbee tuna, 10/$10 (bought 6)
Nutri Grain Granola Bars, 2/$6
Near East Couscous, 10/$10 (bought 3)
Price Chopper Sour Cream, $0.99 (bought 2)
Price Chopper Cheese Ravioli, 10/$10 (bought 2)

Used $1 off 2 Nutri Grain Granola Bars coupon and a Big Y double coupon (PC takes competitor's coupons).

Total value of products before coupons and discounts: $33.55
Total OOP: $16.98
Total saved: $16.57 plus I saved $0.70 per gallon the next time I hit the gas station.

Big Y:
Big Y had a lot of BIGIF and BIG2F deals this week, which I am usually wary about. I bring a calculator with me to figure out the price per unit and see if it's really a deal. Like I suspected, some were still more expensive, but a couple items did work out to be great deals.

Big Y brown eggs, B1G2F (making them $0.73 each! bought three)
Country Time Pink Lemonade, on sale 2/$6 (bought 2)
Freihofer's wheat bread, B1G2F (making them $1.13 each! bought 3)
Harvest Pride Bagels B1G2F (making them $1.26 each! bought 6, 3 plain and 3 wheat)
Grapes, on sale $1.98/lb

Used 1 $1.50 off 2 Country Time Lemonade coupon

Total before discounts and coupons: $53.82
Total Paid OOP: $21.56
Total Saved: $32.26

I was able to stay $6 under budget this week, yay!

What good deals did you find?







Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the buy 1 get 2 free deals. PC often has English Muffins & Freihofer's bread B1G2F ... I always stock the freezer when they do. I never have to buy it at regular price.

PC has gallons of milk on sale for $2.49 this week (plus a coupon for 1 gallon/per person at $1.99), so I will be heading back at the end of the week to pick up more with a later expiration.

JusFrugal said...

Nice shopping!

Shelly said...

Kristin,

I kept waiting for PC to come out again with Freihofer's B1G2F, but haven't seen it. I believe they are less expensive than Big Y so I will def. stock up when that sale cycles again.

Two weeks ago Shaws had their 100% stone ground whole wheat bread on sale for 10/$10...an awesome deal, but I never got around to getting over there. I won't make that mistake next time.