Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Post In Which I Talk About Nothing And Everything

I'm running a little short on inspiration here right now.

Since the week of never-ending rain finally did end, the sun has been shining and the girls and I have been spending every minute outside. My days are so slow and relaxing; sitting on the deck with my laptop and reading blog posts while drinking herbal tea and watching the girls run around in the yard.

We've been in this house for six months and I fall in love with it more everyday. I love that it's clean and small (I can clean it in 15 minutes) and comfy and lit by the sun, that we are surrounded by amazing neighbors, and that we have such a wonderful backyard and garden.

My deck is large and we've got comfy patio furniture and a patio set on it, as well as a canopy to protect us from the sun. There's something about this deck that draws people; at first I thought it was just me but yesterday a friend came over and she requested that we go outside and sit on the deck while the kids play.

My friend recently had suffered a loss much like we had with Kalei and had come over visit and talk. We live in the city but our street is extremely quiet and secluded and we have a wonderful yet private view from our deck. I made us some herbal tea and we sat at the patio table and talked and talked in a way that only two people who had suffered the same loss could.

At one point we lapsed into silence, both of us pondering our own private thoughts about our experiences. I looked over at my friend and immediately wished I had a camera to capture her in that moment; she was gazing thoughtfully and a little sadly across our yard towards the city, a breeze gently blowing wisps of her hair across her face, and she looked so beautiful, serene and strong.

I hope she realizes how beautiful and strong she really is. I hope she knows that although you never really get over a loss like she had, it gets a little easier as time goes by. And I hope that I was able to offer some form of comfort or peace to her during her visit yesterday.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I wrote this over on my blog, but here it is again in case you don't see: would you be interested in writing a little guest post about cloth diapering? Maybe, how to get started, some tips, your favourites -- something like that?