Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 12, 2009

You Capture: Nature

I am running a little behind in this week's You Capture: Nature challenge because it was been raining all week long. But, I finally braved the raindrops this morning to run out and snap some pictures.

Before I show you the pictures I took, I have to say that you should really run over to I Should Be Folding Laundry and check out the pictures the other participants took. Some of these women have amazing talent and their pictures take your breath away.

As for me, with no working knowledge of how my camera really works, never mind Photoshop, here is what I took:

The previous owners of this house had planted a garden in the back of the yard...it reminds me of a secret hideaway, and the girls just love taking books back there and reading under the trees.

One of the many flowers the previous owners planted. I have no idea what it is, I just know it's pretty and I'm hoping I won't kill it.More lovely, lovely flowers.I just liked the look of that raindrop. I must have stood there for 15 minutes trying to figure out the settings on my camera (how do you get the front to be in focused and the back to be completely unfocused? Am I even using the right terminology?) and the whole time it just sat there, patient and waiting, content where it was but just on the verge of beginning a new journey.I accidentally took this picture when I was trying to figure out the settings for the above one. When I went to go delete it, I found I actually liked the randomness it shows...all the leaves and branches jumbled together in a mess that actually looks cool. Which is just like nature, isn't it? Beauty and purpose, even in chaos.

Next week's challenge is emotion, and I can't wait.


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

These are so pretty - I love the happy accident!

april said...

I love the first shot!

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

I love daisies!

Shan said...

Lovely pictures.

~rachel~ said...

Love your back yard, the kind of yards I love! Fun to explore!

Jen said...

Clicked through from this week's post! That first shot makes me want to go explore and build a fort!

Nice.... :)