Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

She is My Sunshine

I can't seem to stop smelling the top of the Guppy's head today. I don't know how it's possible, but she always smells like sunshine.
Today it is raining. I find that my emotions are tied closely with the weather, so I know that it's going to be a little more of a "downer" day for me. I also know that I will be fine because of the Guppy.

This girl keeps me going no matter what. She's so laid back and compassionate and curious and easy going. I can take her anywhere, and I normally do. I honestly think she wakes up every morning and thinks, "How many people can I make laugh today?"

I remember when she was a baby, I was always sniffing the top of her head because I love that "new baby smell". It gradually began to go away, but it was replaced by a much nicer smell: the smell of sunshine. The Guppy loves it when I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her, and whenever I smell the top of her head I am reminded of how much that is true; she is my sunshine, my beacon of light, my laughing fairy, my wishing star.


How can a child smell like sunshine? I don't know. Maybe, when He was creating the Guppy, He have her that special scent, because He knew that on a rainy day, Sunshine is something that I could not get enough of to keep me going.

I know the Guppy is waiting patiently for me to finish publishing this post. She somehow senses that on rainy days, I need extra cuddles and extra laughs. I know once I hit publish and get up from the table, she will run up to me with arms open wide, a smile lighting her face. She and I will cuddle on the couch, and bask in the sunshine.


It's going to be a good day.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Desiree said...

awe, such a beautiful post!
have a lovely day!