Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Making Room

I've written recently about how I am working to declutter my life. I find that as I clear out my mind and thoughts, my actions, and my home, I am making room for the things that are more important to me, things that I looked forward to having more time to devote to. These things fill up the space that I am creating, and nowadays my heart is full.

There has also been some things that have filled up this space that I didn't expect. Little surprises that bring me joy and make me examine my life with a new perspective.

Because when I take some things off my plate, I have more time to sit back and relax. More time to be still.

And in this stillness, I hear a "voice". I feel a calming presence surround me. You can call it God, or spirits, or nature's energy, or whatever your faith lead you to call it. I call it lovely.

I can feel it gently tugging at me, wanting me to hear what it has to say.

I'm listening.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I know this VERY well. I know exactly what you are saying. And yet I keep forgetting to be still and listen.

Steph

Shelly said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm hoping my mind is open enought to hear what its trying to say.