Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flip Flops Bring Us Joy

I haven't yet experienced the fun things that come with having a boy, but I am really having a great time with my girls!

Girl clothes are cute. And fun. And the pink bows and ribbons? To die for. I love braiding my girls' hair, or putting it in pigtails. And giving each other "fake" manicures and pedicures (I say fake because I can't bring myself yet to actually put nail polish on their innocent hands and feet...yet).

My girls have a knack for bargain shopping already, mostly because they learned from me, and I will not likely buy anything unless it's on sale.
I'm not a shoe girl, but I want to be. My favorite shoe is the flip flop. It's cooling, cute, flexible, and I kind of like the sound it makes when you walk. Adorable. Old Navy had their flip flops on sale on Saturday for $1 each, so I got up early and headed out to pick some up for me and my girls. I got three pairs for myself: one pink, one black, one white. For the girls, I picked up white ones with purple and butterflies on them. They were so excited to have their first pair of flip flops!

I hope as my girls grow that they will continue to enjoy bargain shopping with me. That little things, like getting a bargain on flip flops, will still bring them joy. A lot of children lose that innocent joy when they grow up; I tend to have mine still, and hope the same will go for them.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: