Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Needles Are On Fire....

....from all the knitting I've been doing.

I finished up the gift set that I was working on for a dear friend who is pregnant. I knit up some cute baby booties to match the beanie hat I knitted, then knit up a matching kitty cat, too.





I then got to work on knitting the same set for my belly bean. So far I have the beanie hat finished:
Since we won't know until after the birth whether this baby is a boy or a girl, I'm trying to make the hat and booties look gender neutral without using the pastel green and yellow colors, which I don't particularly like. Although this sage green yarn is more "boyish", I think making the bulk of the hat a soft ecru makes it more gender neutral.

More information can be found on my ravelry page..

Knitting has become part of my daily rhythm that I enjoy and look forward to. After the girls are in bed, I make myself a cup of tea, sit down on the couch with my knitting bag and catch up on my favorite shows.

Usually the baby moves a lot at night, so as I am knitting baby things I get to enjoy feeling the baby kick, kick, kick inside me. It is so relaxing and blissful.

I hold the soft yarn in my hands, and imagine it against the baby's skin....16 more weeks to go.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

the kitty is so cute!!!