Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Well today marks my two year anniversary into Blogdom.

I started out on AOL blogs. My first post ever was on February 15th, 2005. The Mermaid was 5 months old and we were living in our old apartment.

I've been through a lot since then. I've posted about how frustrating it is to be a full-time Student and a full-time Mommy at the same time....I have total respect for those mothers who work full time while trying to raise children. I've posted through moving into our current residence. Thanks to blogging, with one click I can relive the Mermaid's baptism....her first steps....her first birthday....her first cloth diaper ;o). I can relive our wedding, and what I felt when I finally graduated school. About when I found out when I was pregnant with the Guppy. And of course, the Guppy's birth.

In my opinion, there has been a definite change in my posting style. I've gone from posting daily occurrences to posting more of my thoughts and feelings and what is in the news. From "today we..." to "This is why I cosleep/breastfeed/cloth diaper....". I don't know if it's because I have more time to explore how I feel about current events and parenting now that I am not in school, or if my interests just became more passionate and more of a part of my life than it was.

As I was quickly scanning over the past two years of my life, I realized that I am a very lucky woman. I have an education. I have a dear sweet husband who treats me like a queen. I have two beautiful, healthy daughters. I have a future filled with possibilities. And although I may have some regrets, like I wish I had had a homebirth with the Mermaid, or I wish I had used cloth diapers from the beginning, all in all, I'm happy with the way things have turned out.

Here's to the upcoming years. I hope they are as fulfilling and as happy as these past two years have been.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

mama k said...

HAPPY BLOGVERSARY!