Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Don't Assume, Because I DO Cook!

One of my Christmas presents from my Sister-in-Law was a cookbook entitled "Don't Assume I Don't Cook! Recipes for Women's Lives." This book is put out by the National Organization for Women, and is filled with tidbits of information on the history of women's rights as well as fantastic recipes. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is for women's rights and who also cooks.
One poem that I especially like is presented at the beginning of the book and is titled, "The First Supper."


My sister Native American,
I reach out to you,
For yours is the way
of respect for the earth,
My sister Africa,
you I embrace,
For yours is a
compassionate race,
My sister Asia -- I look
deep in your eyes,
Let us be strong together.
Yes, sisters Chicana,
Latina, Muslim, and Jew
I am white and
I am woman
And I am tired of
watching for centuries
While my husbands, sons,
and fathers,
steal and pillage,
Here, I give back
what I can,
It is not too late
to make a new world
together.
-- Jane Evershed.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Baby

How do I love thee, let me count the ways...........

Your smile
Your passion
Your laughter
Your pretty face
Your eyes
Your glow
Your ability
Your beautiful body
Your knowledge
Your spontaneity
Your innocence
Your curiosity
Your style
Your hair
Your creativity
Your sense of adventure
Your dedication
Your strength
Your compassion for others
Your imagination
Your sense of humor
Your understanding
Your life
Your love for our children
Your love for me

Happy Valentines Day Baby. I love you with all my heart, forever - DH