Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 12, 2007

Vaccinations, Part III

In my first post on vaccinations, I talked about the safety of vaccines and why parents should educate themselves on the vaccines that their children receive. In my second post, I talked about the ingredients that go into vaccines and some things that parents can do to lower the risk of reactions should they decided to vaccinate their child.

In this third post, I am going to talk about vaccines from a slightly different perspective. I am going to talk about the connection between the origin of the AIDS virus and the development of the polio vaccine.

Here's a summary of what I discovered. Basically, after the United States began its mass immunization program against polio, Dr. Koprowski went to central Africa to develop another polio vaccine, an alternative to Salk's vaccine. Basically, the theory goes, he used chimpanzee tissue to develop the vaccine. Chimpanzee tissue that was infected with the monkey form of HIV, called SV-40. This vaccine was then given to to over a million people in 1957-1960 in central Africa. Two years later, the first case of HIV was diagnosed. And that is how the HIV virus was transferred from chimpanzees to humans.

Now, this is just a summary. If you are really interested in researching this theory, then I have a lot of sources for you.
Here are a couple articles written about the connection between vaccines and AIDS virus.
Polio Vaccines and the Origins of AIDS: Some Key Writings
AIDS Linked to Vaccines

There is also a very compelling documentary about this link available on YouTube. The documentary is broken up into several segments, I think the longest segment is ten minutes long. This was helpful to me because I could watch small parts of it when I knew I wouldn't be interrupted for several minutes. Here is the first part of the documentary:



You can find the rest of the documentary here:
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4a
Part 4b
Part 4c
Part 5

I think this theory gives parents a lot to think about. How safe are these vaccines? What is the guarantee that the ingredients of these vaccines, or even foreign objects that are introduced through the production of the vaccines, will be harmless? There is no guarantee. And that is why it is imperative that each parent make their own informed and educated decision on whether or not their child should be vaccinated.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: