Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 03, 2009

The Best In The Whole Wide World.


I'm downstairs, unloading the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen. The girls have been up for a while now, the Mermaid having officially greeted the sleepy Guppy with a cheery good morning and picked out her clothes and helped her get dressed.
There's something about helping the Guppy get ready in the morning that brings the Mermaid such joy. I don't pretend to understand it but I am so glad that the girls are such close friends.

I'm putting the last of the dishes away when I hear their laughter and the sound of jumping. I know that they are jumping on the bed and head up the stairs to make them get off. I'm almost to the top when I hear the Guppy say, "Mermaid, you are THE BEST in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!" My heart instantly melts.

Not the best sister, not the best friend, not the best person. Just the best. How awesome is that to be the best to a sweet little 2 year old, the best everything! And even though I can't see their faces, I know that the Guppy is giving the Mermaid that look, the one that is full of love and gratitude and joy. I know that look because she gives it to me as well. And suddenly, I so get why the Mermaid loves to help her little sister get ready in the morning.

I can hear them laughing while they play together. And I think, this life? It's the best.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love that picture! Having a sister is such a wonderful gift for life.