Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 31, 2009

Peace

I admit, as much as I LOVE being blessed enough to be able to stay at home with my girls, nap time is probably my favorite time of the day. Or, at least my most peaceful.

It's usually the first time of the day that I actually get to sit down. Without a child on my lap or pulling on my arm.

Nap time doesn't last that long around here and frankly, at almost 5 years old I'm surprised that I can still get the Mermaid to take one. Once they are asleep I love to listen to the piece and quiet and enjoy my time alone. Sometimes I'm good and I do things that I had scheduled, like work on my CBE certification, catch up on laundry, do things for my local LLL group, or for WomenAid but sometimes instead I just head out to the deck with a good book and my second cup of coffee for the day.

I used to be able to take my laptop out there as well, but then it crashed and now I am stuck with a slow and half-broken desktop in the dark basement, where I can only get onto my email by luck, and where I can't take on more writing jobs because I can't log into the websites.

Where I can write new posts for my blog, but can't actually view my blog to see how they came out. It drives me nuts, like I haven't seen my reflection in two months.

No matter how short their naps are (sometimes as short as 20 minutes), I feel fully recharged when they wake up. They run down the stairs, yell "Mommy!" and with a swoop into my arms, rejoin my day. And it feels so right.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Hi Shelly - I don't know if you'll remember me, but I used to frequent the September '04 Babies message board on AOL. My daughter, Maya, was born on 9/20. I don't really keep in touch with anyone there anymore, other than Michelle (has a little boy named Christopher), but I saw you on Social Spark and recognized you immediately! Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I feel the same way about naptime, by the way. Except for the fact that Maya doesn't nap anymore! I try to make sure she always has "quiet time" for at least an hour so that I can get some ME time, though. ;)