Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Moments That I Kick Myself For Not Having A Camera!

Have I ever said before that I think my girls are so cute?

Because they are so cute.

Sometimes I wish I had a microchip implanted in my eye that would enable me to snap pictures and record at will whatever I see. Weird, I know. But I haven't gotten into the habit yet of carrying my camera everywhere with me, and it's those adorable moments in an ordinary day that I really want to capture.

Take last Friday, for example. We went to the library as usual, but this time the girls asked if they could get their own library cards. So we waited in line patiently (seriously, did the ENTIRE CITY really have to decided to pick that same day to get library cards?) until finally it was our turn. I filled out the forms and signed the Guppy's card for her while the Mermaid proudly signed the back of hers and off they went, picking out books and movies and more books. Then thy both proudly walked out to the counter and proudly informed the checkout lady that they were here to check out their very! own! books! All by themselves! With their very! own! library card!

Meanwhile, I stood off to the side, trying not to be the jerk that cries in the library.

Yesterday, I took the girls to their very first dance class. Again, stupidly forgot my camera. I almost became the first person in history to die from overexposure to cuteness. I was worried that the Guppy, who is much more timid and shy than the Mermaid, wouldn't like the class. Turns out she was the first one in the door, and although she was the youngest child, she kept up with the rest of them and was able to follow directions well.

This time, I didn't do so well at not being the crying jerk.

We left dance class and went directly to my Weight Watchers meeting (3 months on WW and I've only lost 6lbs. Is this the slowest weight loss ever?) and on the way home I called a friend to tell her I lost 1.4lbs. Well, the Mermaid heard me from the back and misunderstood; she promptly told me, "We're not lost, Mommy! I can get us home!" Seriously? We weren't even in our city yet, so I was thinking, No Way. But, out of curiosity, I told her yes I'm lost and that she could tell me how to get home.

So she did.

At four years old, and she could already take the place of my best friend, The GPS. As someone who gets lost in parking lots for heaven's sake, this just blows me away.

Have your kids done anything lately to surprise you, or create a moment that you will forever cherish?
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Lauren said...

When my very precocious younger sister was about six, my mother remarked that she wished she had her camera with her so that she could take a picture of something. My sister said, "We'll just have to take a picture with our minds."