Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pinch Me

The Mermaid has such long hair. She asks me if we can do "new" hairstyles with it. So, after watching a video on YouTube, I attempt my first french braid:

It's messy. It's too loose. She doesn't care.

She just knows that for the past twenty minutes, we had sat down together and talked and giggled while my fingers massaged her scalp and worked through her hair.

Later, at bedtime, I tell her it is time to take it out. She reluctantly agrees, but only after I pinky promise that I will "practice" braiding her hair again really soon.

Promise, Mommy? It's so much fun! And she eagerly looks at me, her little face peeking out from a mass of wavy long hair. I call her My Rapunzel and repeat my promise.

I am a mother of girls, and I can french braid. Life is good.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love french braids! I tried endlessly to do them on myself when I was little. Never really got the hang of it. :)

Jamie said...

VERY impressive! I am blessed to have a boy and not have to worry about French Braids, though I'd love to have a little girl eventually.

mama k said...

what fun! my mom could never do braids very well. so I got a video out from the library and taught myself at about 10yo. LOL

KimChi said...

you did a great job! i'm glad you guys had fun! :-)