Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Love.


Mommy, I'm sick she says, and reaches for me.

Does your tummy hurt? No.

Does your throat hurt? No.

Well, what hurts? My heart, and I don't know why.


I understand. Sometimes I feel the same way.


We sit on the couch and cuddle, and I rock her back and forth for a while, like I used to do when she was a tiny baby. Back then she couldn't tell me what was bothering her, and sometimes she still can't.

I give her a kiss and she sits up and smiles. Thanks Mommy, I feel better now and she runs off to play.

Sometimes love is the only medicine you need. And oh, My Mermaid, how I love you.

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

mama k said...

such a sweet post!

We had a very bad day yesterday. I was not the nicest myself. But at the end of the day we spent some time rocking and cuddling and we both felt so much better. It's easy to forget that even big kids need a good snuggle sometimes.

Kelly said...

So sweet. I know exactly how she feels! :)

Sandy said...

What a sweet moment. I think it's neat that she's articulating her feelings. So different from my six month old!

KimChi said...

gosh, i could use that sometimes, and i'm old!! i'm glad she was able to come to you, and something as simple as rocking and cuddeling helped. :-) yay!!