Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Seven Months Old

My Dearest Guppy,

I had put off writing this letter this morning because I didn't want to admit to myself that you are already seven months old. In a mere five months you will be one year old, very mobile, and getting bigger every day. My heart is so joyous that you are growing into such a strong, healthy and beautiful child but the Mother in me is yelling for you to slow down, things are going way too fast!

This month was quite the month for milestones. You got your first tooth about two or three days ago. The other day you chomped down on my finger and ouch! there it was! I had been wondering if you were teething because although you are still sleeping great at night, you have been a bit fussier than normal during the day. Hyland's Teething Tablets have been helping your fussiness a lot, and you've also been spending lots of time in my Ellaroo Wrap, strapped to my back and watching my every move.
You also had your first taste of solid food! This morning while I was eating a banana you tried to grab it out of my hand, so I put you in your high chair and let you have some. What fun you had! Most of it went on your shirt but you did get a couple of good tastes in and you seemed to like it.

You had your first Easter! While you were too young to enjoy the egg hunt, you did seem generally happy at being able to visit the family and make everyone laugh with your new antics!

This month you also have your sixth month appointment, where you weighed in at 19lbs and 28 inches long! You have just about outgrown all the 6-9 month outfits that we have and are now starting to wear 12 month clothing! You are my little chubbalubba!
Finally, you have also started to blow raspberries! You especially love to blow them at the Mermaid, who delights in this new game! It really warms my heart to see the two of you playing together, you get along so well. The Mermaid is so nurturing towards you, always worried when you are sad, letting me know when you are unhappy, and she is always thinking up new ways to make you laugh. I can't wait to see the two of you play even more games together as you get older! This month has also gotten easier with me working out of the house. I miss you and the Mermaid horribly when you are gone, but it makes me feel more at ease now that you are not as fussy for your father and now that you even take a little breastmilk from the sippy cup. When I get home and you are sleeping, your father loves to talk about all the cute and new things you did while I was gone and while it makes me sad that I wasn't there to see it, I can't help smiling at the joy I hear in his voice at getting to spend some time with both his girls. You are getting closer to your father every day, and you've even begun to reach your arms out to him when he gets home from work!

You are such a blessing to this family, dear Guppy, and we already can't remember how we lived life without you. Everyday you bring joy and laughter into this house, and when you and your sister start playing together the laughter can be heard throughout the neighborhood. Thank you for the joy you bring, thank you for the smiles that your father beams out when talking about you, thank you for the fun and laughter you bring into the Mermaid's day. We love you and can't wait to see what the coming month brings!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

mama k said...

That's exactly how Wes started solids. LOL

Glad that things are going better with working. Sounds like the Knight is having fun with the girls.