Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2007

Baby Fever: When Do You Know To Stop?

Last weekend the Knight and I were able to attend his friend's wedding sans kids. We both had a lot of fun dancing away and being able to do adult things. However something interesting happened to me that has been on my mind since.

At this wedding there seemed to be an unusually large number of pregnant women. The bride herself was seven months pregnant. The Maid of Honor was five months pregnant. The sister of the groom was eight months pregnant. And there were also two guests in attendance who were obviously very pregnant.

While I watched all these pregnant women dance together and generally have a lot of fun, the strong desire to be pregnant again came over me. I am always telling people that I want one more baby but lately I have been wondering if I really do, so this urge took me by surprise. Even more surprisingly is that this urge has continued to stay with me in the days since the wedding.

I have had a lot of women tell me that they decided not to have any more children because they just "knew" they were done. That they kept having children until their instincts told them that their family was complete. Now, the Knight and I want to wait a couple years before having another child so we do have time to think about it. But sometimes I have the feeling that I am done, and sometimes I have the feeling that as wonderful as my family is, something, or someone, is still missing.

So my question is, to all those ladies that have decided that you are done having children, how did you know when you were done? What was your experience when deciding not to have any more children? And to those women who are not done having children, what was your deciding factor in your decision, and how do you think you will know when you are done?
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I was never "done"...just today I started cryingwatching a birthing show on cable..but I think that is because I had so much loss and so many babies that never were in my arms.
My hysterectomy last year because of uterine cancer has made me accept there are no more biological babies in my future. But I would love to adopt.
And then there are grandbabies...
love, Kas

hestiahomeschool (for some reason blogger would not accept my password...)