Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 22, 2007

In the News

Remember this post? Well, now you can get it for free. That's right, you can get An Inconvenient Truth for free. I've already requested a copy, and I've very excited :o)

Found this great article on babywearing. I'm part of a NINO group myself, and the group is a really great and fun resource when I am trying to learn about a specific carrier or hold. If you are interested in babywearing, I highly recommend you attend a local group meeting.

Celebrity News: Brooke Burke says she babywears. From the interview:
Also, Brooke plans to keep Rain close to her but keep her hands free to play with Neriah, 6, and Sierra, 4 1/2, by babywearing. She says, "I wear the baby, [I'm] definitely an attachment parenting person." In the past, Brooke has also been open about co-sleeping, breastfeeding (yes, with implants) and of course, we all know about the placenta!


That's it for now!
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

mama k said...

Dude. She has THREE kids? That's all I gotta say about that.

I'm going to attend the local NINO this Thursday! It's not very close though so I don't know how often I'll make it out there.

Kat said...

Shelly, I love that topic of wearing your baby. It's getting so popular it seems to me. Are there any specific slings you would recommend?

Shelly said...

Wonder Woman,
It really depends on what your personal preference is. For me, I prefer a pouch when the baby is real young and can't sit up yet. Other people say ring slings are great too, and easier to nurse in. I use a wrap carrier for my older daughter, and although those are the most complicated, they are the most comfortable and versatile. And I also like a Mei Tai for when the baby is older and I'm in too big of a rush to use the wrap. You can find advice on different types of wraps and holds at www.thebabywearer.com, including a section on how to choose the best carrier for you.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love that about Brooke Burke. She looks just too awesome, though, but good for her! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Go Brooke!