Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cloth Diapering

This past Friday I went to a Mother's Tea hosted by my midwife. The topic of the meeting was babywearing and cloth diapering. There were three pregnant women there and also other children. The Mermaid really enjoyed herself, although she did fall down some steps and got a bloody nose. My midwife couldn't get over how big the Guppy had gotten and loved holding her.
It was really fun to sit down with other like-minded women and discuss cloth diapering. In our experience, we first started using cloth diapers to save money. When we discovered all the other benefits, we decided not to switch back to disposables, even when though we could now afford it. It really amazed me that I prefer cloth over disposable, and it really makes me think of finding alternatives to other disposable products, and how those alternatives can help to lessen the impact on the environment that our disposable society causes.
Here are some links about the cloth vs. disposable debate in general:
The Top Ten Myths About Cloth Diapering
The Disposable Diaper Myth
The Cloth vs. Disposable Debate
So to those mommas out there who use cloth, why did you start and would you ever go back to disposable?
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I have always been interested in cloth diapering, but just didn't make it there yet. We do use Seventh Generation dipes to make me feel a *little* better about it, but I love to see how you all do it with the cloth!

mama k said...

I started investigating while I was preggo because 1)it's waaaay cheaper 2) my mom used cloth dipes on me an my brother
We have a stash of baby shower gift disposables. We dip into them on occasion, but I would never purchase more disposables.
I'm loving the cloth!
And like you said, it's gotten me thinking about all the other disposable products.