Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Goddess of Mine

My newest knitting project: Goddess



She is my first completed project on DPN's. The embroidery leaves much to be desired, but somehow for me the imperfections add to her beauty.

She was a joy to knit. I covered her with symbols of birth and the feminine; a spiral for the spiral movement of birth; a moon, for fertility; and the Egyptian Ankh, symbol for life. She is also stuffed with herbs, and smells divine.

She is a gift for a friend, but I think soon I will make another one for myself.

More details can be found on my Ravelry page.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Melodie said...

I love this! You are so talented!

Shelly said...

Thank you Melodie! :o)