Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dizzy

You know those days that you have, where it feels like every ounce of your strength and will power is used just to keep your head above the water?

You get dizzy trying to stay afloat. Dizzy trying to keep your emotions in check, trying to get through the day.

I've had a few dizzy days weeks months that I've somehow managed to tread water through. It's been hard. But I'm still here.

I think at one point every blogger has had to decide how much to share. And we all settle in to our personal comfort zones, which is very varied among bloggers. I had found my comfort zone. But I'm about to expand it, just a little. So here goes:

My marriage is pretty much ending. It is hanging on by a thread.

There, I said it. It's out there now, for you all to see, dear friends. And while I'm not comfortable sharing the details (and they aren't important, anyway) I am comfortable sharing with you how scared I am. And shocked.

And dizzy.

But something else keeps happening, too. I get a call or an email from a friend. I feel the baby kick away happily inside me. I hear the girls' laughter as we get into a paint fight. (I didn't even mind cleaning that mess up). And this dizziness starts to flow away. And I start to look forward, not back.

And I start to hope. And it gets just a little bit easier, to reach for that courage.

Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

tanya@motherwearblog said...

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that! Thinking good thoughts for you.

~rachel~ said...

Oh Shelly, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything works out for the best, whatever that may be. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Am here to "talk" if you need someone :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no....how can it end when you're about to have a baby? and have two kids already?

My advice is don't make any decisions until some time after the birth....you're hormonal, you have a baby to care for and adjustments with the other two.

Keep the faith....keep trying....keep strong.

mama k said...

I'm so sorry. I hope and pray that you can work things out.

Lauren said...

Shelly-
I just started reading your blog last week...and when I say "just started reading", I mean I was so captivated by your writing that I went backwards in time from your most recent post to your very first.

I'm so sorry to "hear" that you and the Knight are having such problems. I do not know what they are, and as a single woman with no kids (not to mention someone who doesn't know you), I'm not in the position to offer advice or counsel. But know that my heart broke a bit for you when I read this.

Best,
Lauren

Shelly said...

Thank you everyone, for your supportive comments. Each one means so much. Right now I plan on concentrating on my precious girls, and on welcoming this new life due in May.

Q said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. As I have read your blog over the years, it has always been evident that you are a strong and capable woman who loves her children. Hopefully to blogosphere will give you back some of the support you've provided to us with your insightful posts and articles. I hope for the best for all of you.