Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sharing Inspiration

Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving?

I love the holidays because I love spending time with family and enjoying great food...

Other than that, I've been spending my time getting the house back together. It' now about 90% clean, yay!

------------------------

Yesterday I had an appointment with my midwife, and the baby's heartbeat was so strong and beautiful. I'm starting to finally relax and can't wait until I can feel the baby move!

------------------------

I've also been busy searching for ideas for Christmas gifts. I am really feeling the urge to go handmade this year, but with the limited amount of time I have left, I'm going to focus on handmade gifts for the girls. My biggest inspiration for my projects have come from Melissa over at Chasing Cheerios. Her creativity and her ideas to incorporate crafts into schooling her children is truly amazing...and her projects leave me drooling on the keyboard. So far, I am thinking that I will try to complete the following projects for the girls:



Playsilks (I've already ordered the silks and now I'm just waiting for them to come in so I can dye them).


I'm looking for other ideas, too. If you are making handmade Christmas gifts this year, for young or old, I would LOVE to hear your ideas!




Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

karengreeners said...

I love handemade/homemade gifts, so I try to do a bunch every year. This year, I have made peach jam, sugar-free peach jam, peach salsa (I was on a peach kick this summer)& apple butter, plus I will be making two kinds of chocolate bark. I have already x-stitched some very funky bookmarks for friends and stitched a few other things for assorted relatives. My girls are making everybody an ornament, which we will affix to their gifts.

Two years ago, I made everybody funky picture frames, and put a picture of my kid in it. Who doesn't want a picture of my kid?

Crafty Mama said...

I too wanted to make more handmade gifts but never really got it together to make it happen. I was going to knit hats for the men (hubby, brother and dad) but I did make one for Will. He was begging for a scarf, so I made a little scarf from the leftover hat yarn and he'll find both in his stocking. I did cross-stitch a wedding record for my brother and his wife, who got married last May. I just have to finish the backstitching and framing. I hope to be more organized about it next year and actually start early!