Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quiet Days...

The past few days have been quiet. The Guppy recovered quickly from her illness, but not before passing it along to The Mermaid, so our house is still filled with sniffles and coughs (but no more vomiting, thank goodness).

I've finally started to feel better....the nausea is only hitting me occasionally, and the achy exhaustion that has plagued me all through this pregnancy so far is finally lifting. Yesterday while the girls rested I attacked the house and got 80% of it clean, and got the laundry back under control as well. It's amazing how messy the house got when I was sick, but soon it will be our cozy refuge once again.

I've also been really diving into my knitting, working on a sweater. I taught The Mermaid how to finger knit, and she has spent the past two days working on a garland for our Christmas tree. I was very surprised at how quickly she picked it up...and a disappointed with myself for my lack of patience while teaching her how to do it.

I've also been spending a lot of time looking at future homeschooling projects to do, arts and crafts, etc. Drooling over Etsy at homemade gifts for Christmas. Quietly reflecting on what direction I want our lives to go this upcoming year.

It's been a nice, quiet lull before the holiday craziness hits. What have you been up to?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: