Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 06, 2009

Please Keep Beating...

I'm now officially in the second trimester of this pregnancy. Tomorrow I will be 13 weeks.

Kalei's heart stopped beating at 14 weeks.

I have an appointment with my midwife on Monday, and I am terrified. This fear creeps up on me at unexpected moments, seizing my heart and making it skip, leaving me gasping for breathe.

I heard this baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks (9 weeks!) and it was so strong and comforting. But then I remember how I had heard Kalei's heartbeat at 12 weeks, and how strong it was then and how it still stopped beating.

I keep telling myself not to worry, that we will hear a strong heartbeat and not that awful quiet and stillness like last time. That I will know my baby is doing well. That calms my fears for a while, but then it always comes sneaking back up on me again.

Please, little love of mine, let me know that you are okay. Let me hear the beautiful sound of life.
Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

Yoga Mom said...

I'm praying daily! I know the feeling. Thanks for posting this. I think it is important to be open about this if possible because it lets other women and their families know that they are not alone!
Much love,


www.howhomeschoolinghappens.blogspot.com

karengreeners said...

Thinking good thoughts for you. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks before getting pregnant with my second daughter, so I know that feeling. Hang in there, mama.

Dirkey said...

Praying for you and your little one.

Crafty Mama said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. :)

mama k said...

Prayers for you and your little bean. I hope you feel sooo much better after this next apt.

Andrea said...

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Sending prayers for a strong little person in there!

Hugs, mama :)
Steph

Anonymous said...

*(hugs)*