Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 20, 2008

Some Resemblance Of Normalcy

This post is full of gross information, so be warned.


It is now Friday and it is the first day that the girls are completely well again. All week it was simply crying, puking, messy diapers, nasty laundry, changing the sheets on the bed over and over and over and desperately trying to find a couple of minutes to throw some nasty laundry in the washing machine before I ran out of clean towels and sheets.

*Breathe*

There were some scary moments for me, like the fact that the Guppy was running a fever at times and the fact that she would not eat anything. Anything, that is, except for her "na nas", and thank goodness for nursing because without it I would have been in a full fledged panic, worrying about dehydration and loss of nutrients. Because the Mermaid wasn't vomiting as much as the Guppy I wasn't too worried about her, but I was worried enough where I really wished that she was still nursing and I even had the Knight run to the store and buy that Pedialyte crap to give to her to make sure she stayed hydrated.

But all is well now, the girls were still a little fussy and still had runny stools yesterday but no vomiting and today they are both fine and playing. I changed the sheets one last time, put the Guppy back in cloth, put the Mermaid back in panties, and I actually put on clothes that I enjoy wearing instead of the ugly clothes from the back of my closet that I didn't care if they got soiled or vomited on. I even put makeup on. I've got one last load of nasty laundry to do and then I am caught up. Today my goal is to get back on track with my businesses and certification courses and get the house clean.

However, at this point I am not going to be upset if I don't get all that done; having some resemblance of normalcy for one day would be enough to keep me happy.

One positive aspect of this week? The Mermaid is now fully potty trained. Nothing like having diarrhea to motivate a kid to sit on the potty to poop, right?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: