Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Hear Scuttling...

...because there is one nasty bug in this house!

Sunday night the Mermaid woke up several times and vomited everywhere....it was not pretty, poor baby. Needless to say, neither the Knight or I got any sleep at all and I ended up with a LOT of nasty laundry to wash. The Knight called into work on Monday so he could get some sleep, and I spent the day trying to keep the Mermaid hydrated and as comfortable as possible. By Monday night, she was absolutely fine.

I thought we were in the clear, but I spoke too soon. This morning the Guppy woke up crankier than usual and refused to eat any breakfast. She was also very clingy and wanted to nurse a lot. I didn't think anything of it until after breakfast: we were cuddling on the bed and she sat up, let out a big burp, and got sick all over herself, the bed, and me. Thank goodness she had only had breastmilk! However, it still isn't pretty and so far I've had an ugly morning. Another HUGE load of nasty laundry is waiting in the laundry room and the Guppy and I smell like sour milk. I keep nursing her and, like with the Mermaid, I've given her homeopathic medicine, ginger tea, and some honey. She's finally sleeping now and I'm praying she wakes up feeling better.

When the Mermaid was sick, I was frustrated and worried about making sure she was getting enough fluids and nutrients. I'm worried about the Guppy as well, but at least I know that she is getting all the fluids and nutrients she needs by nursing. Let's not forget that I am providing her with comfort at the same time! Let's hear it for extended-nursing!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: