Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Babywearing in the News

I recently read this great article on the benefits of babywearing. According to the article:
Babywearing helps young children adjust to life outside the womb. It reminds them of the nine months they spent in utero, according to the Web site thebabywearer.com. The mother’s heartbeat, breathing, warmth and rhythm of movement makes them feel more secure. Studies from the McGill University-Montreal Children’s Hospital Research Institute in Quebec and
Columbia University in New York have also shown that babies that are frequently carried receive more stimulation, have better digestion and develop earlier. Babywearing is sometimes recommended for mothers suffering from postpartum
depression because it helps them feel more connected to their child.


I don't know what I would do if I couldn't wear the Guppy. Babywearing has definitely been a blessing in this house. It allows me to get my housework done and chase after the Mermaid in the park without me feeling like I am neglecting the girls. The Guppy loves to be on my back and in fact, she really doesn't like the stroller. Yesterday we went to the mall for a few hours and she was so peaceful and happy on my back in my MT.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: