Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 30, 2007

Fantastic Friday: Wobbling on one leg

Well I've been doing good in some areas and not so good in others.

Weight: For my Future MILF post: I gained 1/2 a pound. My reaction? I am surprised it wasn't more. See, I kind of made a couple of trips to McDonald's for some fries and apple pies while I was working this weekend...

House: Housework has been decent, but not good. I'm still doing all my FlyLady routines but I wouldn't exactly call my house "guest ready". I hadn't done any missions or decluttering at all this past week. Hopefully as I get used to working I can adapt my routines to fit them in. But to be honest, now that I don't see my girls as much, I'm definitely going to put spending time with them ahead of cleaning and I'm prepared to let the house go a little bit. Priorities, you know?

Finances: Well this week I got my first paycheck. Very cool. Next week I get a raise and more hours. We're getting ready to move onto Step 2 of the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover. A wonderful woman from my LLL group gave me all his materials so we've been reading up.

Environment: This is where I've really been slacking. It's getting harder and harder to live the Compact Life. I really don't have that much time to go searching through thrift stores and Freecycle for the things I need, especially since we only have one car so I am unable to leave the house during the day. So I've decided that since we don't buy unnecessary purchases anyway, I will still try my hardest to buy used but if not, I'm not about to beat myself up over it.

So that is where I stand this week. Getting a job has helped us in finances but has definitely thrown a loop into the other areas. Hopefully we can all settle in soon.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

mama k said...

Sounds like you are doing good! Is the babe doing adjusting to you working a little better?

Mom O Matic said...

I would love to hear how the finance makeover goes. I'm sure we could use one! Mmmmm....apple pies...