Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 20, 2009

She Keeps Me Laughing...

One of the great things about going to the library more is that I've discovered they have a great number of exercise videos. This week I checked out a yoga video, and to my surprise, the Mermaid jumped right into it as well!

Also, today we were sitting at the table drawing pictures, when I remembered how Jack Newman told a story at the La Leche League conference to illustrate how deep our bottle-feeding culture influences children. He told of a mother who asked her six year old daughter to draw a picture of a mother feeding her baby. This girl had never been given a bottle, and has watched her mother breastfeed her baby brother countless times, and her baby brother had never been given a bottle, either. So what did her picture show? A mother giving a baby a bottle :o/

Curious, I asked the Mermaid to do the same thing; to draw me a picture of a mother feeding her baby. This is what she drew:

There is no bottle present. She drew a picture of a mother giving "na nas" to her baby. *tear*

This girl keeps me laughing every day, even in my darkest moments.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: