Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 09, 2010

Spoiled

You can't spoil a baby, really....but sometimes I think we come close.

Like when we hear The Tadpole start to wake up, and the girls and I literally race to see who can get there first, to be the first one to greet him from his sleep.

Or when he starts to fuss, and The Mermaid chastises me when I don't pick him up right away.

They crowd around me as I nurse him, touching his feet and hands and hair.

Please Mommy, can I see his eyes? Are they open? They are so beautiful.

They play dress up with him, and take his picture:



Photo by The Mermaid

They are really good at getting him to smile.

Sometimes, at the end of the day, I think to myself If I hear "Mommy I want to hold him" one more time I will scream!

I read the girls a bedtime story, and then sure enough, Mommy can we hold him one more time? Please?

Afterwards, with the girls slumbering peacefully upstairs, I hold my little man and kiss his head.

I wonder if he knows what he has gotten himself into with this family.

And I wonder if he knows just how much he is loved.

Little man, we are so happy that you are here!

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

how sweet! :) Babies should get TONS of love. Glad yours is getting plenty! :)

Edie Mindell said...

So sweet. Your kids are so loving to their younger baby brother.:-)Sibling love is the greatest.:-)