Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 19, 2010

And I'll Probably Do Some Knitting, Too.

Right now, I'm sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee and wishing it was herbal tea instead.

I'm in an herbal tea type of mood.

The past year has been really hard. So many transitions and changes in life, not knowing how the future was going to pan out, and that was the hardest part of all. The not knowing.

But then The Tadpole arrived and after a bit of a rocky recovery, we settled into being a family of one more. And I learned what it was like to have a son, and once again fell completely and hopelessly in love.

Then The Knight and I learned that although we may not be destined to be husband and wife, we are great co-parents and gasp! yes we even make really great friends.

Then summer arrived and with it friends and warmth and sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies and lots of time outdoors. Just look at these blueberries I ate the other day: so delicious I had to take a picture, to try to capture that moment of summer forever on my computer.
This morning I weighed myself and I am now 10lbs below pre-pregnancy weight. And for the first time in forever, I am finally starting to like who I see in the mirror. Not just because she's a healthier person, but she's also a happier person as well.

The Tadpole had a rough night last night and couldn't sleep. But he made up for it by smiling and laughing all morning. Now he sits besides me in his chair, and I look over and realize he is fast asleep.

How cute is he? Drool and all.

Today our day is going to be spent the same way the past week has. The Knight is on vacation so we'll probably head down to his place and go swimming in his pool. Maybe tonight we'll have another campfire and roast more marshmallows. I don't know, the day is so incredibly open and free.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe there is no point. Maybe this whole time I've just been trying to say that Life Is Good.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

I'm glad that things are getting a bit better, Shelly! I love the new pic of Mr. Tadpole.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

He's precious. And so are you.

Steph