Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 01, 2010

I Woke Up Thankful


My house is an absolute mess.

But I'm thankful that we have a house to make messy. And I'm thankful for the mess, because it means that we had such a busy and fun weekend that we did not have time to clean.

Our new church is hosting homeless families this week. Two families have newborn babies; one is 1 week old, the other is 2 days old.

Can you imagine being homeless with a newborn baby? In the dead of winter?

Yes, this morning I woke up after a sleepless night. I woke up with pain in my back and hips, with a case of the Monday blues. I woke up to a messy house.

But I woke up in a nice, warm bed. With my youngest sleeping snuggly beside me.

I woke up thankful.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

kblogger said...

Thank you for sharing this sentiment. Its good to step outside of ourselves. Gratitude is so powerful.