Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

For this week's Tackle It Tuesday, I'm posting picture of all the painting we tackled in the past two weeks in the new house. I am horrible at tacking pics like these, but at least you can get the idea.
We only painted two rooms in the house: the living room and the girls' bedroom. Here is the living room as the previous owners had it, a nice olive green color:

Since I am going with an Asian decorative theme, we painted the living room a cream color with a burgundy accent wall:Again, a horrible pic, but it looks nice in person. I also bought matching slipcovers, pillows, and curtains that tie the color scheme into the furniture.

Here is the before picture of the girls' room: a light green color: Here is the after picture, a light purple:We are also going to paint on a darker purple border with butterflies at the top.

So that is what we tackled. For more Tackle It Tuesday reading, be sure to visit 5 Minutes for Mom.
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Susie said...

Great tackles:-)

Shan said...

I like your color choices.

Anonymous said...

I liked the before pic. But then I like green.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

I really enjoy your blog. I watched an author named Christopher Flett on the Today Show, he wrote a book called "What Men Don't Tell Women About Business" and it shares secrets for women working in business. I thought you might enjoy hearing about him. There could be some great content in their for future posts.

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,

Bihter

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

The author, Christopher Flett, was featured in the NY Times regarding women keeping their careers on track while having their family. His book, "What Men Don't Tell Women About Business" was sold out at the Barnes and Noble I went to so I ordered it at Amazon. I read a lot of blogs and he seems to be popular.

I wish someone would interview him about how to stay OFF the mommy track. Why don't you interview him and post it on your blog? I saw that he was a guest commentator on "the Juggle" (Wall Street Journal). His email listed there was chris@ghostceo.com I checked out his website and it looks pretty good.

Anyway, keep up the great topics.

Best,

Bihter.