Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 14, 2008

Homebirth In The News

There is a great article about homebirth in the New York Times. It's a little long, but definitely worth the read.

What interests me the most is how homebirth is on the rise. When are hospitals going to realize that this is because they are not offering what women want and need anymore? I believe it is going to keep rising until hospitals realize that they need to change their ways of practice if they want women to feel comfortable birthing in their wards.

I can't wait for this baby's homebirth. There is nothing in the world like it.

Read the article and tell me what you think. Have you ever had a homebirth? If not, would you?
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dirkey said...

Awesome link!
Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

So, why is the UK (and other European countries) so much more progressive than the US?!?
I'm leaning towards a homebirth for #2 (not TTC yet, though.) I'd really prefer to go to a birth center, but Massachusetts is really making that difficult at this time.
Hope your morning sickness passes soon!