Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 06, 2008

Spot Shot Carpet Stain and Odor Eliminator: A Review

It's a fact that every mom knows: kids and carpets don't mix. And those "leak proof" sippy cups that you can buy in stores? They really aren't leak proof. Plus, I'm sure that there are other "lazy" moms out there like me who are too "busy" to look for the lids for the cups and just hand the cup full of juice and no lid to their two year old child with the advise "Don't spill."

Anyone? No one? Hmmm....

Anyways, my current house has all hardwood and no carpets so carpet stains have not been an issue yet. However, in two weeks we are going to be moving into our first house which has WHITE carpeting on the stairs and hallway.

Yes. White. I can hear you hysterically laughing already.

So, I was so happy when my friends at Mom Central sent me a bottle of WD-40's Spot Shot Carpet Stain and Odor Eliminator. And I was delighted when I learned that it is non-toxic and certified biodegradable. Yeee-haw, I can have clean carpets without the guilt of exposing my children to dangerous chemicals. But, the question remained: does it really work?

Along with the sample and literature they also send a sample of carpet with some chocolate (a favorite in this house) and ammonia (main ingredient in pet urine, ewwww) to try out the awesome stain removing power of Spot Shot. I painted the chocolate and ammonia on the carpet and followed the simple and quick directions, and viola! Clean carpet. Cool.

Of course, with my camera packed I wasn't able to take pics, but trust me: this product rocks.

So, if you have pets and kids and carpets, this is a product you need. I give it two thumbs up!

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Toastqueen said...

I found the Spot Shot didn't work as well as the Woolite Oxy Stain Remover on ink on my carpet. =(

Good luck with the white carpets!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Thanks! I've been looking for something that works that isn't loaded with chemicals!

Kristin said...

Great recommendation -- It just got 5 day old hot chocolate out of my cream carpet. And it doesn't smell awful either.