Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Home.

It's such a simple word, but now it has such a new and inspiring meaning to the Knight and I.

We have a home. Ours. It has a backyard and a beautiful deck. It has more than one bedroom. It has two bathrooms. And it's ours.

I feel like I'm having a babymoon all over again, only its with a house instead of a baby. Each time I turn the key in the lock and walk in, my heart skips a beat.

Does this feeling happen to everyone when they buy their first house? I know the jokes, Yes, until the first mortgage bill comes in, ha ha. But does it truly fade then? Does the feeling of being a home owner become an every day, run of the mill feeling? It doesn't seem possible.

Our house is small and simple. It is definitely not impressive. But it's clean, it's warm, and it's ours. It's a place for our family to live together, eat meals together, and grow together. And even though I consider myself as someone who is not materialistic, I can't help but fall in love with it. It's wood and wires and plumbing and cement and yet, it's so much more. I love it.

We'll see how I feel after the first payment is due. But for now, I am basking in the warm feeling of being a home owner, of cooking my family nutritious meals in a kitchen that we own, of tucking my daughter into her very own bed in her very own room at night.

I've got lots of thoughts to post about and some pictures too. We should be completely done packing and fully back on schedule on Monday. In the meantime, how did you feel when you bought your house? How long did this warm feeling last for you?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: