Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quality Level of Care

A while back I invited readers to share their birth stories to be published at Inspiring Birth Stories. One of my readers sent in her beautiful and empowering story of the birth of her second child, A.

I think what I like best about her story is that she clearly talks about the difference between the quality of care that she received from her midwife vs. her OBGYN from her first pregnancy. It really does make a difference when you are cared for by someone who sits and talks to you, who knows you personally, knows your dreams and desires for the birth. With my old OBGYN, she would come in for the last five minutes of my prenatal appointment, check my chart to make sure she had my name right, talk a little bit about numbers and procedures and tests, and then leave. The difference is astounding.

Head on over and read the birth story of A. It's a great story, very empowering.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: