Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update on the girls *pic heavy*

I thought I would just post a little update on the girls....

The Mermaid is doing so incredibly well with schooling. She now participates in almost everything at her homeschooling group, and I am so glad I hung in there and did not quit the group when we were experiencing week after week of her running around and not participating.
Lately we've been learning about the moon, about ducks, and about the weather.
The Mermaid is LOVES rainbows and gets so excited
when she sees one!
She made a rain gauge in her homeschooling group
and loves to see how much rainfall we get.
The Mermaid also LOVES doing puzzles. She is up to a 24 piece puzzle but it bores her and she finishes it within five minutes.
What really amazes me is that she can write her own name now, without help. The other day I gave her some scrap paper to color on and she told me "I'm going to draw Brookie". I looked over ten minutes later and she had drawn a picture of herself, then wrote her name under it by herself and spelled it correctly.
Don't you love the big smile and the bright sun in the corner?

A second self portrait
The Guppy has been amazing me with her increasingly emerging personality, which is strong. She definitely stands up for herself and is not a shy child. Her vocabulary has been increasing as well. But the big news is that about three days ago, she started walking. However, she will only walk when she gets excited and doesn't realize she is doing it. As soon as she realizes that she is walking, she gets scared and goes back down on her knees. Oh well, if she wants to walk on her knees for a while longer, that's fine with me. At least I know she can walk if she wanted to.
Both girls still get along great. I am so pleased by how well they play together. I know, I know, those parents of older siblings are out there right now, snickering at me. I know it probably won't last, but for now I'm going to enjoy watching be best friends and play pals.
All dressed up for the rehersal dinner
The Guppy is so silly!
See what I mean about a strong personality?
For some reason she loves to raise that hand
when her picture is being taken
The Mermaid practicing her dance steps.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

mathew said...

It isn’t easy finding toys that might inspire a child to pick up a book. Fortunately, a small toy company has created a line of action figures that depict heroes and heroines from the earliest days of America’s history and encourages children to read and learn more about them through books and the web. See this story on the company http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmV7vdTgD4 These action figures are wonderfully made with careful attention to detail. Each doll comes with a unique set of accessories that encourage hours of explorative learning for your students. The set includes figures of Matthew Henson, Bessie Coleman and Benjamin Banneker and makes an excellent addition to your teaching toolbox. Visit www.hiatoys.com today and discover this creative new line of action figures that take educational toys to the next level.