Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 21, 2008

More Updates!

The past few days have been absolutely gorgeous out, so we've been spending a lot of time outside. I thought that going outside would encourage the Guppy to walk more, but apparently she is happy crawling through the grass. The Mermaid has also been doing more writing besides her name. The other day she wanted to draw a picture of the Knight and when she finished she asked me how to spell Daddy. I wrote it out for her in the corner and she wrote it herself perfectly, at the top of the paper.In other news.....The Mermaid has finally started to use the potty!!!!! I'm so thrilled. Thursday afternoon, I watched as the Mermaid changed her own diaper. That was kind of the kicker for me; obviously if she can change her own diaper, she's ready to use the potty. She has been ready for a while, she just never wants to take the time to stop playing to go sit on the potty. So, Friday morning when she woke up I told her that she was a big girl now and that it was time to say goodbye to diapers. We both said "Bye bye diapers" and then I told her that she could wear "princess panties" and a "princess dress" if she used the potty. She agreed.

Friday she had 5 or 6 accidents and didn't use the potty once. Needless to say it was very frustrating to see her sit on the potty for 15 minutes, stand up to go play, then two minutes later pee all over the floor. But I managed to remain patient and didn't quit and put her back into a diaper.
Saturday, when she woke up I sat her on the potty right away and she went, yahoo!! She got all excited. On Saturday she had only two accidents and the rest of the time she used the potty, she was so proud of herself!!
Sunday I put her on the potty again right away and she went again. The entire day she only had one accident, and it was because the Guppy had moved the potty and she couldn't find it in time. Today, so far, she hasn't had a single accident and has used the potty twice. I am so proud of her and so psyched!
So, a question for those veteran potty trainers out there: today we are going to go to the park, and as much as I don't want to put a diaper back on her, I feel that I don't have a choice as I don't want her to have an accident and make a mess while we are out and about. How did/do you handle going out of the house while potty training?

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mommy Mechanics said...

I think once you say bye bye, it should be for good. If not things could get confusing. I think thats true for pacifiers, blankies, potty training, etc. My son was pretty easy to potty train but hes 4 now and still has a blanky, oh well =) Anyways I would get a few pairs of training panties and use them with the plastic liner over them for when you go out of the house until she gets the hang of it. They worked great for us! Good luck!