Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 11, 2008

Feeling Better..

Yesterday the weather was absolutely beautiful, so after the girls and I picked the Knight up from his work, we drove to a nearby trail and went for a family walk. The Guppy was on my back in the Mai Tei, and the Mermaid did pretty well walking on her own for that long.

I think the walk was just what I needed. It was a great time for the Knight and I to reconnect, and for us to talk about my being overwhelmed together. The Knight feels I should cut back on some things, and we talked a lot about how hard it is for me to say No and to prioritize my time. Most of all, it was just nice to walk in the sun, holding his hand and having a conversation with him.

After we got home we played a little more outside with the girls. Then the Knight made dinner and then ordered me to bed. I put up a little fight, because I "had sooo much to do, my Arbonne hours, my CBE assignment, etc" but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He was right, I was exhausted and not focusing well. So, I went to bed at 7pm. When I woke up this morning, I felt soooo much better and I saw that he had not only gotten the girls to bed but he had cleaned the entire house as well and balanced the checkbook. I love this man.

So today? Today I am so incredibly, amazingly excited because today is the first day in two weeks that I have absolutely nothing planned for the day. Isn't is sad that I am so excited to be staying home all day? That I am actually looking forward to catching up with the laundry? That I am so happy that I don't have to rush to get the girls ready so that we could leave on time to go somewhere? That I can take some time to take pictures of my girls as we play?

The Knight is right, of course. I do need to find somewhere to cut back. Or at least prioritize my time more and not be in such a rush to get through everything so quickly...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: