Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Holiday Weekend

Although this weekend was a long holiday weekend, we didn't get that much time to relax.

Friday and Saturday night I worked. Saturday morning we did our grocery shopping and a little bit of yard sale hunting.

Sunday was the busy day. My lovely and talented sister graduated from college with a BA in biology. The ceremony was looonngg. And for the most part, I was by myself. With two kids. Trying to keep them quiet and still for three hours. You can guess how that was.

My Lovely Sister



The Guppy with her Grandma



I actually didn't stay for the whole ceremony, I ended up leaving after they called my sister's name. The best part was the parking was a half hour away from the location of the ceremony. On the way there I had my mom with me, so it wasn't so bad. She pushed the Mermaid in the stroller with all the bags while I hoofed it with the Guppy on my back and carrying my purse and the sun umbrella. The way back was a different story, since my mom had to leave before I did. So I had to make the walk back pushing the stroller with the Mermaid and the heavy bags and carry the Guppy on my back, and the first fifteen minutes of walking were all uphill and I was wearing heels. It took me an hour to get back to the car.

Our next stop was meeting up with the Knight at his cousin's wedding. I, of course, got lost on the way so we were even later than planned. The wedding was a blast however, his cousin looked absolutely beautiful and so did her sister, the bridesmaids. The Mermaid had a lot of fun dancing and running around in general, she is so outgoing now with other kids.

The Mermaid playing with her Grampa

The Mermaid dancing


The Guppy and her I-just-woke-up Mohawk

The beautiful bride and the Knight

The Guppy dancing with the Knight.

We ended up getting home around 11pm, totally exhausted. Of course I had to work Monday so we didn't do much that day. In fact I am working every single day this week because I offered to pick up some hours for people. It doesn't leave too much time for blogging, but I'll get a nice paycheck in the end.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: