Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 19, 2007

So Where's The Snow?

This morning I looked out at our backyard and this is what I saw...
Snow. No big deal, right? I mean, it's not even a lot of snow. But that's the problem. I live in New England, it's the middle of January, and this is the most snow I've seen this winter. Normally we would have been buried several times by now.
I bet you're still thinking, What's the big deal? And I can understand that. On one hand, I'm glad we haven't gotten snow because I hate snow, I hate driving in it, I hate the cold, etc. But on the other hand, the fact that we've only gotten this much snow scares the crap out of me. With all the information on global warming and an impending global disaster that I've heard about lately, I want snow. I want the winter to be colder. Because then I wouldn't be worrying about global warming, about what type of world my girls will be growing up in.
Am I the only one that is worried? Does this bother anyone else, or am I just being paranoid and neurotic?
And, just because she is so cute...


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm scared too. I live in Northern Ireland and we have had spring flowers blooming since September! Just a few days ago I saw daffodils for sale locally!!

As a child I used to build huge snowmen, but my children have only ever seen a dusting of snow.

It's very strange...

Kat said...

Bad storm last night in Europe. I heard in Marburg, Germany, the Hospital is located on a hill. So many trees fell down on fire fighters that they drove a tank up the hill and pushed the fallen trees out of the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shel, just let you know that I'm reading all the time. Me and my family say hi to you all ^^
Love you,
Sally

Shelly said...

Sally, we miss you! I hope you and your family are doing well!!!