Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 12, 2007

Fantastic Friday

I thought a long time about what I was going to call my Friday post. I decided that since I am trying my hardest to be optimistic about my goals, I would call it Fantastic Friday. Because getting closer to your goals is, well....Fantastic.

Ok, goal number one: weight. According to the Future MILF program, I have to post how much weight I lost this week and total lost. So, this week I lost....0 pounds. BUT, I didn't gain any weight either. So that brings the total weight loss since the Guppy's birth to 35lbs. Fantastic. I did really bad on my Weight Watcher's this week, pretty much going over my points every day. I think it is due to the Guppy wanting to nurse constantly, either because she doesn't feel good or because she is about to hit a growth spurt. Either way, it made me hungry all the time. So I ate a lot this week, but I still didn't gain any weight because breastfeeding that much will burn a lot of calories (fantastic!) and I was still consistent in getting up every day to exercise. This week I am going to stick to my points and lose some weight!

Goal number two: finances. Well after reading Suze Orman's The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom, I decided to read her other book, The Courage to be Rich. This book has a wealth of information on how to save up, but most of it applies to after you pay off your bad debts, so it doesn't apply to us....yet. There is also a fantastic section on buying a home that we plan to utilize when we are ready. I've also joined this great program at Coupon Mom that will start to save us TONS on groceries. The only problem is I have to find a place to store a pantry, but I have some ideas. I'm still following the Compact Life program, and so far I haven't bought anything new, except for some PUL to make the Guppy more diapers, and I couldn't find that used anywhere. I also am going to buy some cotton yarn to make dishcloths, dishtowels, and paper towels, still looking to see if I can get that used. I have discovered a setback, however. My best friend is getting married this year, and as one of the bridesmaids, I have to buy a new dress, but I think that it's a valid exception.

Goal three: the house. Because I've been following the FlyLady program, my house has been clean. I didn't declutter all five days this week, but since I stuck to my routines, my house has been guest-ready. It takes a lot of stress off my life and gives me more free time to spend with the girls.

Goal four: the environment. This weekend the Knight and I are going to set up our recycling center. Instead of throwing away things as I decluttered, I've been offering them up on Freecycle. And I also signed up for a great program called Recycle Bank, where you get paid to recycle. Unfortunately they aren't in MA yet, but they said they will be soon.

Well, considering it was a busy week and that I had a sick baby on my hands, I'm please at how much I got done this week. Fantastic.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That IS fantastic!! ; )

AnnieM said...

I started Weight Watchers this week. I totally want to get to MILF status, enough of this frump!

Mom O Matic said...

Staying the same is an accomplishment. Please remind me of this when it's my turn to stay the same, cause I know it's coming!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great goals! The Compact Life thing is interesting-I recently read Judith Levine's "Not Buying It" and it got me really interested in the anti-consumer movement.

Another good book that deals with getting out of debt is Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover". It's really commonsense and straightforward.

That Recycle Bank sounds cool too!