Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Best Thing


Six months ago I was convinced I was going to be spending today alone, as a single mom.

Funny how it didn't turn out that way.

How could it possibly be that the best thing to happen to my marriage was separation and then filing for divorce? I don't know.

I will say that I feel that we are stronger than ever. And that's a good thing.

Happy Valentine's Day to my Knight.

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Time for some RnR said...

hi shelly, what a lovely photo. i'm really happy to hear the positive updates. i dropped a comment on your entry about you wondering if things will work out giving your marriage another shot, and shared that at the time,i'm facing some difficult issues in mine too & i want to let you know that my marriage's stronger now than ever too. i believe that what doesn't break us make us stronger :) oh and i want to share this lady's blog with u (& her book), her story has helped tremendously, hope it'll help you & the knight towards building a resilient, strong marriage where love's too much to go around :)
http://www.projecthappilyeverafter.com/

Anonymous said...

{Happy Hugs!}
Happy Valentine's Day!

Shelly said...

@toastqueen: thanks for the hug, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!!

@RnR, I'm so very glad to hear that things have improved for you as well. I don't think things will ever be perfect, but there is no such thing as a perfect marriage. Thanks for the link, I will definitely check that out!

Anonymous said...

This was a great update to read. Definitely made me smile.

I love Project: Happily Ever After! Alisa is such a great and accessible writer. I highly recommend her blog.