Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finally feeling up to life

Well I'm back after being sick for four days straight. I had horrible strep throat, migraines, and a head cold to boot. I couldn't eat any solids and was on a liquid diet, I lost five pounds in those four days alone. I was treating my throat with GSE and salt water, but the GSE didn't seem to be working. So finally, on Sunday night I switched over to Apple Cider Vinegar and went to bed...by morning my throat was 100% better. I had also used lemon tea with honey, and vitamin C. Luckily no one else caught it, I was very careful in keeping my kids from getting sick...that would be the last thing I would need.

This morning is the National Nurse In at all Delta ticket counters to protest the treatment of the breastfeeding woman who was kicked off a Delta flight for breastfeeding. I was planning on going but I am not fully recovered yet (I still have a horrible cough) and I can't find a sitter for the Mermaid. I would've loved being there though, hopefully the Nurse In gets lots of positive media attention. I do have some more articles to share about the nurse in: over at Mothering.com they have ongoing coverage of the situation; Messa Air Group made a statement about the incident; and if you want to sign a petition in support of breastfeeding moms, you can do so here.
Well that's it for now, although I am sure I will be posting later on some other stuff that I have been thinking about.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: