Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 03, 2010

Is Forever Enough?

She's my firstborn. And today, she turns six.

She's going through a phase where she doesn't like her picture taken, so when I see she's absorbed in her painting I sneak a couple shots.You can't tell in the picture, but she's singing while she paints. She always sings when she is concentrating.

Oops. Busted.

I convince her to take just one shot of her holding her painting. It's of her and I hugging.
Later I ask her what song she was singing, and she doesn't remember.


I hang the painting up on the fridge, next to the homeschooling schedule and magnet dolls. One day, my fridge will only be covered with photographs and shopping lists. No children's paintings, no drawings done with fat crayons held in little hands.

Six years old. And you still paint pictures of us hugging, give me kisses goodnight, and bring me books to read to you.

And you still sing while you paint.

It won't last forever. I cherish every moment.

'Cause I'm never never giving you up.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: