Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 17, 2010

Booze and Cakes, and Bento, Too

Sometimes getting picky eaters to eat healthy food can be a real battle. I've always been intrigued by the idea of Bento lunches to convince my picky eater to eat her healthy food, so I was glad to get the chance to take a look at Yum-Yum Bento Box.
Let me tell you, Bento lunches are not lunches. It is art. And while I do not have the discipline or energy to create such beautiful edible art, this book made me wish I did! Easy instructions, colorful pictures, and tips and tricks, it really is the book for those who want to create Bento.

Check out the book page for more information. I loved this book, drooled over the creations, and ached to make my own bento. Definitely worth checking out.

And so, maybe I don't have the time and energy to do anything more than drool at Bento lunches. But one thing that I do have the energy for:

Yup, Booze Cakes. Another great book full of delectable recipes. It offers a handy "Booze Meter" to track how strong the alcohol content is in each delicious desert. And LOTS of recipes.

You can find out more information here.

So basically, after you've spent all day making beautiful and healthy bento art, you can relax at the end of the day and enjoy a perfect nightcap in a spiked confection. Sounds like a good day to me!!


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

You know who makes a really good boozy cake recipe? The Cake Mix Doctor. I have two of her books, and her Kahlua Chocolate cake is to DIE FOR. And it starts with a box mix. Mmm....great, now I want some, and I'm @ work!

Kat said...

Haha! Perfect!
I wish I could make stuff like that. It is beautiful. And yes, I think you would deserve a spiked cake after all that work. :)

Virginia said...

The only problem with "cute" food like Bento is that my kids will want to play with it rather than eat it!