Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving

I really love holidays simply because I have a blast whenever I get together with my family. This year, Thanksgiving dinner was held at my aunt's house and everyone came. Good food, good company, good times. However, I do not have any pictures to show from that day. Why?

Because the Knight dropped our digital camera that morning, and it broke.

Of course, it had to happen Thanksgiving morning, when I was itching to get some great pictures of the kids and fam. And of course, it had to happen with Christmas coming up, a time of year where every day presents numerous opportunities for fantastic pictures (think Santa, Christmas parties, etc.).

Despite my grief over the loss of my camera, I am fully aware that I have so many reasons to be incredibly thankful for this holiday season. Two wonderful, happy and healthy children. A wonderful and supportive husband who is more than I could ever hope for. My own health. A roof over our heads and food on our table. And every day, I get to experience those moments that make every mom's heart melt. Those moments when the Mermaid throws her arms around my neck and whispers "I love you" into my ear. Those moments when the Guppy laughs and giggles just because she saw me walk into the room. Those moments when the Mermaid watches me get ready for the day, then tells me "Mommy, you look beautiful!"

I am truly blessed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: